Frequently Asked Meal Plan Questions
1. How many different meal plans are
There are mainly three different meal plans for resident students, however, each plan has different options depending on the amount of Flex
Dollars the students would like to begin the semester with. More
information on each plan and the options can be found on the Meal Plan/Program Options
- Gold - 19 meals per week and 4 guest passes per semester.
- Silver - 15 meals per week and 3 guest passes per semester.
- Bronze - 10 meals per week and 1 guest passes per semester.
- There is also a 5 meal plan for commuter students only.
2. Can a new resident student choose any of the three plans?
3. Can upperclass students change their meal plan anytime during the year?
No, all new students can choose only from the Gold Plan options or one of
the higher Silver Plan options. They can change their meal plan for the
second semester of their first academic year, by completing a meal change form through the Student Affairs Office (717-867-6233).
No, meal plans must be changed by August 9 for first semester and by
January 4 for second semester.
4. Can I use my meal card more than once per meal period?
5. In what dining facility can I use
my meal plan?
Your meal exchange can be used in the Mund Dining Hall only. Your Flex
Dollars can be used at Mund Dining Hall, the new venue at Arnold Sports
Center, InterMetzo and the Dutchmen Den.
6. Who can use my meal plan?
Only you, the cardholder, may use your meal card and have meals deducted
from your meal plan.
7. What happens to unused meals at the end of each week and at the end of each semester?
Unused meals will not carry over from week to week or from one semester to
8. Where and how can I use my guest passes?
You can use your guest passes in the the Mund Dining Hall. Guest passes can
only be used for non-student guests.
9. What happens if I lose my meal card?
Your card is usually replaced within 48 hours. You will be charged $20 for the new card. Please contact Public Safety to replace your card.