The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning & Educational Technology (CETL) at Lebanon Valley College fosters a culture of excellence in teaching that cultivates significant student learning and advances the mission of the college.
CETL encourages and supports a campus community that values effective, diverse, and innovative teaching; invites genuine inquiry into and discussion of teaching and learning pedagogy; and promotes the effective and intentional use of teaching and learning tools, including digital technologies.
To achieve this, CETL aims to:
- Organize and facilitate programming that encourages the exchange of innovative ideas and effective practices related to teaching and learning
- Foster individual, departmental, and college-wide inquiry, dialogue, and collegiality, particularly related to supporting student learning and enriching faculty teaching
- Create and cultivate avenues of support and resources for all faculty to promote success in the areas of teaching, scholarship, and service
- Collaborate closely with Information Technology, Academic Affairs, and academic departments and programs in joint endeavors in support of quality teaching at the College
- Support a broad understanding of scholarship by nurturing and supporting faculty work in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning