Internships are a vital part of the collegiate experience. In today's competitive culture, students are wise to bring career-related experiences to the attention of potential employers and graduate schools. Hiring and admissions personnel are looking for candidates with maturity and confidence, good writing and speaking skills, honesty and integrity, leadership, interpersonal strengths, initiative, creativity, and flexibility. Many of these strengths are honed through the real world experience of an internship.
Internships will help you develop the work habits, attitudes, and skills to begin your career. They will enable you to build your network of professional contacts, explore career options, apply classroom theory and concepts, become acquainted with company culture, and make a contribution to the organization that mentors you. Experience counts. Get your career in motion today!
Finding Internship Opportunities
Arnold Internship Grants
PennACE Student of the Year (Intern) Awards
Annual Internship Events:
- Experience Counts - Internship Tutorials: Wednesdays at 3 p.m., September 12, 19, 26; October 3, 10, 17, 24, 31; November 7, 14; Career Services Office.
- On the Porch... at the Library: Thursday, October 4, 2012; 10:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. Link.
- Capital Region Internship Fair: Tuesday, October 23, 2012. Link
- EACE Road Trips to the Real World: January 2013. Registration begins for these opportunities to spend a day at various companies, industries, and schools in the northeast. Sites fill up quickly; act promptly. Link to event and to register. View employers and schedule.
- CPEC Job & Internship Fair: Tuesday, February 19, 2013. Link
- Inquiry 2013 - internship division:
Other Opportunities where Experience Counts: