Career Resources for Faculty
Throughout the day, LVC faculty members are likely to be asked for career advice from the freshman with no major, to the sophomore that wants to change majors, to the junior needing experience, and to the senior seeking a job or assistance with graduate school.
To assist you in your role as advisor, the Office of Career Services provides resources and services through our website and classroom presentations. Use the links below to explore some of our web-based resources. To request a classroom presentation or assistance with a class project related to career planning and the job search, contact Sharon Givler, director of career services, at 717-867-6237.
Learn more ABOUT US: mission, goals, activities, and policies.
Policies and Agreements that Govern the Operation of Career Services
Key Faculty Resources
- Career Presentations: Send a Request to Call in the Substitutes for your class when other obligations take you away from the classroom. Presentation topics for Spring 2013 are available in the Resource Library of your JOB CENTER account (About Career Services—Faculty Resources and Information folder) for details of each presentation.
- JOB CENTER for Faculty. Creating a personal account will enable you to keep current with employment and internship openings as well as with our career events.
- Experience Counts: Internships, Project CLOSE-UP, and Arnold Internship Grants
- Sample Faculty Reference Letter, Legal Q & A on Reference Letters
- Recommendation Form for Teaching Candidates
- What Employers Seek in College Graduates
- Annual Follow-up Survey of Graduates (available in MyLVC; LVC Documents and Forms—Reports folder)
Resources for Your Students
Click HERE to view our recommended career planning guides, assessment instruments such as FOCUS-2, and the job search resources available. You also will find links to several subscription-based job and internship listings (free to you), webshops, videos, graduate school assistance, and suggestions for first-year success on the job. Get to know more about special programs such as Project CLOSE-UP and Career Connections.