Experience Counts: Arnold Internship Grant Guidelines
Application Schedule and Deadlines:
Summer, Fall and Spring Grants
Spring 2016 Internships - Grant applications due November 6, 2015
Summer 2016 Internships - Grant applications due February 26, 2016
Fall 2016 Internships - Grant applications due June 1, 2016
Eligibility for Internships:
- The internship grants are available to undergraduate students and open to all disciplines.
- The internship grants are available to rising juniors or seniors.
- The internship grants are available for fall or spring semesters or summer.
- Students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Internships must be for at least 1 credit. (1 cr. is equivalent to 40 hours)
- Internships must be at least 6 weeks and up to 12 weeks.
- Internships must involve substantive and supervised work related to one’s major or secondary field of study.
- Funding will help defray expenses which may include housing, travel, meals and other misc. expenses. Funding cannot be used to pay for tuition credits. A grant in the full amount of the request is not guaranteed.
- The student will be responsible for a log or journal and a final paper or summary at the end of the internship. Projects might also include a professional portfolio or oral presentation in one’s department.
- Grant recipients will be required to return any grant award received in full, if they do not complete the internship as outline in their proposal.
- Internships, as defined for this grant, would not include field or clinical experiences associated with certification – such as student teaching, clinical field work.
- Consult your department for specific departmental internship requirements.
The Application Packet will include the following:
- Cover Sheet
- Internship Proposal Form
- Organization Support Letter
- Faculty Supervisor Recommendation
- Budget Form - Funding in the range of $500 to $3,000 can be requested for a summer project. All reasonable costs needed to carry out a successful project can be included in the budget.
>PDF Application packets are available from the Center for Career Development or online at their website.
Finalists for the Internship Grants will be asked to interview with the selection committee.