Application Schedule and Deadlines:
Spring 2014 Internships - Abstracts (due October 11, 2013); Grant applications (due November 8, 2013)
Summer 2014 Internships - Abstracts (due January 31, 2014); Grant applications (due February 28, 2014)
Fall 2014 Internships - Abstract (due May 2, 2014); Grant applications (due June 2, 2014)
To fill out an Abstract, please click here.
Eligibility for Internships:
- The internship grants are available to undergraduate students and open to all disciplines.
- The internship grants are available to rising juniors or seniors.
- The internship grants are available for fall or spring semesters or summer.
- Students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Internships must be for at least 1 credit. (1 cr. is equivalent to 40 hours)
- Internships must be at least 6 weeks and up to 12 weeks.
- Internships must involve substantive and supervised work related to one’s major or secondary field of study.
- Funding will help defray expenses which may include housing, travel, meals and other misc. expenses. Funding cannot be used to pay for tuition credits. A grant in the full amount of the request is not guaranteed.
- The student will be responsible for a log or journal and a final paper or summary at the end of the internship. Projects might also include a professional portfolio or oral presentation in one’s department.
- Grant recipients will be required to return any grant award received in full, if they do not complete the internship as outline in their proposal.
- Internships, as defined for this grant, would not include field or clinical experiences associated with certification – such as student teaching, clinical field work.
- Consult your department for specific departmental internship requirements.
The Application Packet will include the following:
- Cover Sheet
- Internship Proposal Form
- Organization Support Letter
- Faculty Supervisor Recommendation
- Budget Form - Funding in the range of $500 to $3,000 can be requested for a summer project. All reasonable costs needed to carry out a successful project can be included in the budget.
Finalists for the Internship Grants may be asked to interview with the selection committee.