A committee of alumni, Alumni Awards Committee selects outstanding alumni to receive the Distinguished Alumnus/na Award and Alumni Citations, which are presented annually. The Alumni Awards Committee may also offer one of the four other awards based only when a noteworthy recipient(s) are identified. The Alumni Awards are:
- The Distinguished Alumnus/na Award: for significant service to one's profession, the community, and to the College.
- Alumni Citation: for significant service in one of three areas: to one's profession, to the community, or to the College.
- Creative Achievement Award: presented for distinguished creative accomplishments in the arts and journalism.
- D. Clark Carmean Award in Admission: for notable service to LVC's Admission office, especially with new student referral and recruitment.
- The Young Alumni Award: recognizes an individual who graduated within the last 15 years for achievements in one's profession, significant service to the community, or College.
- The June Herr Outstanding Educator of the Year Award: presented to an outstanding person in the field of education.
For more information or to nominate an alumnus/na for one of the Alumni Awards, please contact the Office of Alumni & Parent Engagement at 717.867.6320, 1.800.ALUMLVC (1.800.258.6582), or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
If interested in joining the Alumni Awards Committee, please contact the Office of Alumni & Parent Engagement.