Annually, the Alumni Awards Committee selects outstanding alumni to receive the Distinguished Alumnus/Alumna Award and Alumni Citations. Also, when noteworthy recipients are identified, the Alumni Awards Committee may also offer additional awards. The Alumni Awards are:
- The Distinguished Alumnus/Alumna Award: for significant service to one's profession, the community, and to the College.
- Alumni Citation: for significant service in one of three areas: to one's profession, to the community, or to the College.
- Creative Achievement Award: presented for distinguished creative accomplishments in the arts and journalism.
- D. Clark Carmean Award in Admission: for notable service to LVC's Admission office, especially with new student referral and recruitment.
- The Young Alumni Award: recognizes an individual who graduated within the last 15 years for achievements in one's profession, significant service to the community, or College.
- The June Herr Outstanding Educator of the Year Award: presented to an outstanding person in the field of education.
For more information, to nominate an alumnus/alumna for one of the Alumni Awards, or to join the Alumni Awards Committee, please contact Susan Jones `92, at the Office of Alumni & Parent Engagement at 717-867-6321 or email@example.com.
2017 Alumni Awards
The Alumni Awards Committee is proud to announce the distinguished alumnus and alumni citation recipients for 2017. The following alumni
Dr. Roberta Gable Reed '67
Retired, Basset Healthcare
Michael Dryden '90 and Maria Elena Dryden '90
Partner in Willig, Williams and Davidson law firm; Maria Elena Dryden, Esquire
Eric Himelright M'97
Vice President of Product Management for the Consumer Division of TE Connectivity
Joanne Lazzaro '83
Senior Research Curriculum Specialist for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
The Alumni Awards Committee is proud to announce the 2017 outstanding alumni recognized this year. Recipients were recognized at the Alumni Brunch on Sunday, Oct. 15 during Homecoming Weekend.
Young Alumni Award
Actuary, Voya Financial
Creative Achievement Award (Arts)
Heather Gateau McEndree '00
Director Cumberland Valley School of Music
The June Herr Outstanding Educator of the Year Award
Dr. Erik B. Orndorff '93
Superintendent Pequea Valley School District
D. Clark Carmean Award in Admission
Joseph Tomtishen '07
Guidence Counselor, North Schuylkill High School