Full-time Students, Undergraduate
The charges for full-time students for 2017–2018 are:
|Tuition and fees||$42,180||$42,060|
|Room and board||$11,460||$0|
The annual costs are generally divided into two payments: one for each semester.
In addition, students should anticipate other expenses for books, transportation, and personal and miscellaneous educational items. Those expenses are estimated to be approximately $3,480 for resident students, $10,780 for students living off campus, and $6,940 for commuting students living with their parents. These estimated costs are included in the cost of attendance when determining eligibility for financial aid.
Part-time and Graduate Students (MBA, MME, MSSE)
2016-17 Semester Fees***
|Part-time undergraduate: Day||$675/credit hour*|
|Part-time undergraduate: Evening/Weekend||$515/credit hour*|
|Part-time undergraduate: Summer 2017||$485/credit hour*|
|Part-time undergraduate: physical therapy, Summer 2017: PHT 511, also includes a THIEME lab fee, 2017 price TBD||$675/credit hour*|
|Post-baccalaureate certificate||$515/credit hour|
|Physical therapy graduate||$850/credit hour|
|Private Music Instruction||
$675/credit hour part-time undergraduate; $740/credit hour part-time graduate
|Laboratory fee||$60/lab course|
|Auditing||Fees charged at part-time rate (as listed above)|
LVC alumni, high school students, senior citizens (age 62 or older)
*12 or more credit hours per semester constitute full-time undergraduate status and are charged at the full-time rate.
**Discounted tuition rates apply for all part-time courses (day, evening, and weekend) except graduate courses, individual music instruction, independent study, internships, and physical therapy courses.
***2016-2017 Current Semester Fees are effective with courses scheduled in the fall 2016 semester.
Doctorate of Physical Therapy - Graduate Level
The following costs are for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Financial Aid Eligibility
- Students must complete the FAFSA by March 1. For financial aid purposes, students are now considered to be independent - no parental information is needed on the FAFSA.
- Since the first bachelor's degree has been earned, students are no longer eligible to receive federal, state, or institutional grants and scholarships.
- Students who complete the financial aid application process will be awarded a physical therapy grant equal to one-third of the graduation tuition rate. For 2017-2018, the amount is $15,017.
- Federal Direct Stafford Loan eligibility increases to a maximum of $20,500 per year.
- Since July 1, 2012, graduate students are no longer eligible for subsidized loans. The full $20,500 will be unsubsidized which means interests will accrue during all periods (during enrollment, grace period and repayment).
- After the full Direct Stafford eligibility has been exhausted, students may apply for a credit-based Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan. 4.276 origination (up front) fee, fixed interest rate of 7.0%, and no payments required while in school at least half-time.
- Students may also borrow through a student alternative loan.
|Change of registration||$25|
|Experiential credit review||$150/review|
|Late payment fee||$200|
|Senior citizen audit fee||$35/credit|
|Returned check fee||$20|
of Incoming Class Received Grant or Scholarship from LVC
Average Financial Aid Package for Incoming Class
Average Academic Scholarship for Incoming Class
Total Scholarship & Aid Expenditures for Incoming Class
Financial aid was a big factor when I was shopping for colleges. I was choosing between two schools that were completely different from one another—LVC and a public university in Pennsylvania. When my father and I calculated the costs, we found that both schools came out to be the same price, even with the higher sticker price for LVC.