Army National Guard (ARNG) and Active Guard Reserve (AGR) Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA): Provides financial assistance to part-time ARNG and AGR soldiers. For more information, visit http://www.GOARMYED.com.
- Eligible the day the member joins the service.
- Officers must serve 4 years following completion.
- Enlisted soldiers must remain in the ARNG during the term of courses.
- Members receiving ROTC scholarship are not eligible.
- Benefit: 100% of tuition (capped at $250 per semester hour and $4500 per fiscal year)
- A student who is eligible for MGIB - Selected Reserve (CH 1606) or MGIB- Active Duty (CH 30) may also use FTA, but the two benefits may not be applied towards the same course(s). MGIB-SR must be enrolled at least 1/2 time to use both benefits.
- MGIB-AD participants drawing kicker benefits are not eligible for FTA.
FTA contact information:
Federal Tuition Assistance Mgr: (717) 861-9238
GI Bill Manager: (717) 861-2717
Incentives (Bonus) Manager: (717) 861-8213
Department of Military & Veterans Affairs
ATTN: MP-SPT, BLDG 9-54
Annville, PA 17003-5002
Phone: 717-861-2717 or (800) 634-1790
DSN phone: 491-9238 DSN FAX: 491-9239