Students must apply annually through their unit of assignment with the Pennsylvania National Guard. The Guard forwards approved applications to PHEAA for processing. PHEAA then calculates the student's eligibility and notifies the student, the school and the National Guard of the EAP award amount. Students should also complete the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov. PA educational state grants cannot be reduced if receiving EAP benefits. Guard members must fulfill enlistment commitment or they will be required to repay all EAP funds received, plus interest.
- Undergraduate students: EAP award will be based on full-time/part-time status (full-time is considered at least 12 credits per semester). The amount awarded will depend upon the number of credits for which the student is enrolled. Students must be enrolled for at least 3 credits per year and summer EAP awards are available if funding permits.
- Graduate students: 3 credit minimum per year, 11 credit maximum per semester. The amount awarded will depend upon the number of credits for which the graduate student is enrolled.
To apply for EAP
- Complete an EAP Form-2 and forward it to the Education Center (contact information provided below). First time applicants must also submit EAP Form-1 and include a signed PHEAA promissory note. PHEAA promissory notes and all forms are available at your unit.
- Soldiers must complete a new EAP Form-2 each year.
- Applications for the academic year must be submitted by June 30th (applications recevied after June 30th will only be accepted if funding permits)
- Applications for the summer must be submitted by May 30th
- Disbursements: Fall - mid September; Spring - mid January; Summer - mid July
- Adjustments: mid April. To submit an adjustment to change the number of credits or the enrollment status from what was originally reported, the student must submit EAP Form-3 to the Education Center.
Army Education Center
Bldg. 9-54, Fort Indiantown Gap
Annville, PA 17003-5002
Phone: (717) 861-9340
Fax: (717) 861-9200