Make New Friends
Connections can be powerful and a way to make a new environment feel like home.
Through this program, international students can establish a mentorship bond with LVC faculty and staff that goes beyond established programs such as the Global Coffee Series, Global Education Week, and the International Food Festival.
Interested in becoming a mentee or mentor? Want to engage in conversations and mutually beneficial relationships? Please contact Caitlin Murphy '12 in the Center for Global Education at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details. Mentors and students will be assigned on a basis of interest, timing, and availability.
- Meet 2–3 times per semester
- Communicate interest and availability with mentor
- Share cultural experiences as well as experiences at LVC thus far
- Update the Center for Global Education about notable connections, celebrations, or any concerns
- Meet 2–3 times a semester
- Invite your mentee for tea, luncheons, discussion, extracurricular activities, etc.
- Share parts of your own international experiences, as well as American culture
- Ask the student to share parts of their experiences, as well as their LVC experience
- Notify the Center for Global Education of notable connections, celebrations, or any concerns
- If interested in hosting international students in the future (during breaks), please indicate so.