Admission for Professional Phase of the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
This section provides information for students who have earned or are in the final stages of earning a Bachelor's degree and are interested in applying to the Professional Phase of the Physical Therapy program.
The Application Process
The online application is now available.
Deadline for submitting all materials is February 1, 2014. We are no longer accepting applications for the May 2013 start date. Offers of admission into the Physical Therapy Program are based on academic performance. Admission decisions will be made March 1 and all applicants will be notified by mail. Students are expected to have at least a 3.0 overall GPA and a 2.5 science GPA. You are also expected to complete all prerequisite requirements
You must submit the following if you have earned your bachelor's degree:
1. A completed application form with the required application fee of $50
- Online application
for all students (US citizens, eligible non-citizens and international students)
2. All official college transcripts
5. A College Record Form (completed for each college or university attended)
- The College Record Form is downloadable as a PDF. To view the file, download the free plug-in
6. Please submit the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test scores with the admissions material. The GRE must be taken within the last five years and meet the minimum scores in all areas of the GRE: (1) Verbal Reasoning ≥ 150, (2) Combined Verbal and Quantitative Reasoning ≥ 300, (3) Analytical Writing ≥ 4. The GRE code for the Lebanon Valley College DPT program is 2364.
If you are an international student you will also need to submit:
7. Certification of Financial Support for Professional Phase Applicants
8. A course-by-course evaluation of all foreign university transcripts by an independent service based in the United States is required. World Education Services (WES) and SpanTran Evaluation Services are two suggested evaluators.
Documentation of Clinical Hours
The program requires that interested students complete a total of 30 hours direct observation of the physical therapy profession in two different settings (at least 15 hours at each site). All 30 hours of documented clinical observation must be completed at the time of application. Observation opportunities can be found in such settings as:
- acute care hospitals
- outpatient or ambulatory care center
- long-term care facilities
- pediatric rehabilitation settings
Observations or work experience in the following areas will NOT be accepted as physical therapy observation:
- athletic training
- personal or other family experience with physical therapy
- personal trainer or fitness facility
Students should use the Documentation of Clinical Hours form to verify completion of observation. The Documentation of Clinical Hours form should be returned to:
Lebanon Valley College
ATTN: Physical Therapy Liaison
101 North College Avenue
Annville, PA 17003
There are physical, cognitive, and affective requirements for the professional phase of the program. Interested students should review these essential requirements prior to admission to the program. Requests for accommodations should be made to the department once the student is accepted.