MED 390: A Comparative Study of Music Education
Dr. Sharon Davis, Assistant Professor of Music and Director of Music Education, will teach a course titled MED 390: A Comparitive Study of Music Education. The 3 week course will allow students to observe music programs in the U.K. that have implemented the Musical Futures approach to learning music. Through this process, students will experience, hands-on learning and analyze the differences between informal and formal learning processes and their application to the music classrooms. Students will learn through in-class instruction, host school visits for teaching observations, and excursions to museums and popular tourist attractions.
- Earn 3 credits, MAY fulfill the Intercultural Diversity general education requirement and the Intercultural Competency Constellation requirement (both currently under review by LVC faculty); will fulfill the Immersive Experience Constellation requirement
- Live in downtown London with other LVC students in shared rooms.
- Receive a travel pass for unlimited subway and bus transportation around London
- A number of planned excursions to historic locations.
The program cost of $4400 includes:
- Tuition (3 credits)
- Shared housing in student residence
- London Tube travel pass
- Foreign emergency medical insurance
Food, airfare/travel, and personal expenses are not included in the program cost.
Airfare estimated at $1100 roundtrip.
No federal, state, or institutional financial aid available. If you plan to borrow an alternative/private student loan for this summer study abroad program, place contact the Financial Aid Office.
Application Deadline: February 1
- Applications must be accompanied by a deposit payment of $200 (non-refundable after February 1).
- Remaining balance is due March 15, 2017.
Planned excursions include:
- West End London Musical Theatre
- Tour of Stonehenge and Bath
- Full day excursion to Liverpool
- Tour of Globe Theatre and Westminster Abbey