Six incoming first-year students enjoyed an immersive experience through the College's Go First! program in Quebec City, Quebec.
LVC is delighted to introduce you to Go First!, a program that offers opportunities for incoming LVC students to travel with College faculty and a select group of other incoming students during the summer before their first year. Participation is open to students in any major. Students earn three (3) LVC credits during this two-week cultural immersion experience.
Go First! students will:
- Spend two days on LVC's campus for program pre-departure orientation
- Travel to Quebec, Canada for 10 days with an LVC faculty member
- Take a level-appropriate French language and culture class each weekday morning
- Enjoy afternoon, evening, and weekend cultural learning activities
- Live and eat with a local Quebecois family and one other LVC student
- Earn three LVC credits before starting their first semester at LVC
- Launch their college education with an exciting international experience
Interested? Please contact Jill Russell, Director of Global Education, at email@example.com or 717-867-6076 for application and further information.
- Application deadline: May 1
- Program dates (including orientation): Aug. 12 - 24
Note: Students will return to LVC in time to participate in ALL regular first-year student orientation activities and Opening Convocation.
Estimated at $2750, which includes tuition (3 credits), room, board, transportation, and course-related field trips.
Space is limited. If you match the profile below, we encourage you to apply for the Go First! program. Students with any major, including undeclared majors, may apply.
We look for students who:
- Have already formally accepted LVC’s offer of admission
- Have an interest in international travel
- Are willing to be flexible in new situations
- Have at least one year of high school French or equivalent
- Have curiosity and a genuine interest in other languages and cultures