This three-week summer program is offered to students in any major who have completed the pre-requisite FRN 280 or equivalent course. You can earn four credits with this advanced French language course that will apply toward a major or minor in French. Students will also fulfill the Intercultural Competence with a Focus on Language and Cultural immersion and Immersive Experience Constellation requirements.
Québec City is a mid-sized university town in the mostly French-speaking province of Québec. It is the only wall fortified city in North America north of Mexico, with nearly 4.6 km of walls and gates to explore around the city. The oldest section of the city has been designated a UNESCO world heritage site, and home to outstanding European-inspired architecture, cobblestone streets, bistros and boutiques.
- Students from any major who are in good social and academic standing (2.5 GPA) and have completed the prerequisite course FRN 280 or equivalent may apply.
- Classes will be held at the École Québec Monde. Students will participate in twenty hours of face-to-face instruction per week with an on-site instructor.
- Grades are based on class participation, exams, journal entries, and a final interview.
- Students live with a host family who provides breakfast and dinner.
- Scholarship funding is available for this program.
The program cost of $2300 includes:
- Tuition (4 credits)
- Housing with a French-speaking homestay
- Breakfast and dinner with a French-speaking homestay
- Three-four excursions
- Foreign emergency medical insurance
Lunches, airfare/travel, and personal expenses and not included in the program cost.
No federal, state, or institutional financial aid available. If you plan to borrow an alternative/private student loan for this summer study abroad program, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
Various program start dates throughout summer 2018.
Application Deadline: February 1
- Applications must be accompanied by a deposit payment of $200 (non-refundable after February 1).
- Remaining balance is due March 15, 2018.
Planned excursions include:
- Chateau Frontenac
- Musee de la Civilisation
- Musee des Beaux-arts du Quebec