Steps to Becoming a Music Major
To enter the music program at LVC, you must apply to the college and complete an audition. The audition consists of three parts:
- Individual audition on instrument
- Ear training and sight singing assessment
- Meeting with the Department
For more information on the process, see below.
Step 1: Audition
- How to prepare for your audition
- Information on the audition requirements for your instrument
- Schedule your audition today! *
Step 2: Apply
*Auditions are heard Monday through Friday during regular business hours, 8 a.m.–4:30pm. Auditions will not be scheduled on October 17-18, November 23-27, December 10-January 22, and March 4-12. Applicants must complete auditions by February 20 for talent award consideration. Auditions performed during the fall semester (mid-September to early December) are highly recommended. All auditions must be completed by April 1.
Visit the Admissions page for application and admission information.
The audition must also be completed in order to register for music major courses.
The audition form must be completed online. Please be prepared to identify your top three date preferences.