Music is a precious subject to Dean Howey ’16 and when choosing the right school to pursue his passion, Lebanon Valley College was the only real choice.
About The Program
The music education program at LVC has a long-standing reputation for excellence. Recognized as a special strength of the College, our music programs feature student-centered curricula and individualized attention. The faculty at LVC is committed to preparing our future music educators for the 21st century learner that they will encounter, through an integration of contemporary practices, music technology, and traditional music education pedagogies.
- The program emphasizes practical pedagogical coursework designed to foster excellence in teaching while also providing for a variety of performance opportunities.
- Music education majors begin field experience in their freshman year and continue fieldwork until engaging in full-time student teaching in their senior year.
- LVC’s program prepares musicians to teach in public and private schools, kindergarten through grade 12, instrumental and vocal.
- LVC’s music education degree is approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
- LVC’s Music Education Program is well known, and school districts throughout Pennsylvania and as far away as Alaska and North Carolina actively recruit our graduates.
LVC offers a top-notch music education. Listen to what your professors say but also remember you aren’t a cookie-cutter-cutout: use what you are taught and adapt it to your style.