About German at LVC
As a German major, you will gain a competitive career edge by developing a comprehensive and practical understanding of the language, history, culture, and customs of countries in the German-speaking world.
Our program includes study abroad in Berlin or Würzburg through programs designed for students with varying abilities in German. LVC's language clubs add further understanding of language and culture through dinners, films, plays, traditional cultural dancing, and field trips.
If you are interested in going into elementary or secondary education, you will find that additional certification in a language significantly enhances your employment opportunities.
Why German at LVC?
- Studying German at LVC will help you learn about contemporary life and have access to the culture, history, politics, literature, music, and art of other societies.
- Majoring or minoring in German, combined with a business- or science-oriented field, will help assure success in the evolving world economy and in today's highly competitive international job market.
- If you are interested in elementary or secondary education, you will find that additional certification in a language significantly enhances employment opportunities.
- LVC's language clubs add further understanding of language and culture through dinners, films, plays, traditional cultural dancing, and field trips.
- German majors and minors are competitive candidates for several LVC grants for study abroad, research, or internships. A 2016 graduate received funding to study with his faculty in Canada, Germany, and Mexico.
- LVC's Languages Department endeavors to produce graduates who are prepared to engage the diverse, multicultural, and multilingual world in their places of employment, graduate school, and their communities.
LVC pushed me to better myself as a whole person. I may have majored in languages, but also learned music, business, religion, and science along the way.