Required Background Checks & Clearances
All enrolled students in any education program at Lebanon Valley College must complete the following background checks prior to the start of freshman year. More information and examples can be found here.
Child Abuse History Clearance
- Request the Child Abuse History Clearance. You will need to create an account before completing the clearance form.
Another option is to go directly to the Department of Public Welfare Office at 5 Magnolia Drive, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania to obtain your Child Abuse History Clearance. This option will require that you bring a photo ID in addition to a money order and the completed Child Abuse History Clearance form. Forms can be obtained by schools and the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare.
Pennsylvania State Criminal History Record
- Fee payable to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- More information can be found here.
Federal (FBI) Criminal History Report
- Fee payable to Cogent Systems
- More information can be found at www.pa.cogentid.com
Be sure to choose the Cogent Systems "Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE)" fingerprint form. There are 3 choices, but only one from the Pennsylvania Department of Education. The other two will not be accepted by the Lebanon Valley College Education Department. Registration numbers beginning with "PAE" will be the only registration numbers accepted.