About The Program
A business degree from LVC prepares you for success in a complex world and provides the knowledge and skills that are sought after most by industry professionals. You can choose to focus on a specific area of business: human resources/labor relations, international relations, marketing/public relations, or organizational psychology.
Early on, you’ll put theory into action through simulations, case studies, research, and internship opportunities. One of the reasons our graduates fare so well in the job market is that many of them graduate with experience in the workplace.
- One of LVC’s most popular programs, the business major is designed to prepare students for a variety of entry-level and middle-management positions in industry, government, and service organizations.
- The business curriculum conforms closely to the national common body of knowledge recommended by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) and provides a solid background in the fundamentals of business.
- Business majors desiring a more in-depth study in a specific area of business may select a focus area composed of optional courses. Such focus areas include human resources/labor relations, international relations, marketing/public relations, and organizational psychology.
- Many business majors complete minors or second majors from other fields to enhance their career goals and prospects. In some cases, students create self-designed majors with the guidance of their academic advisor.
- Many business majors study abroad in one of LVC’s dozen programs, while others elect to gain real-world experience through internships at the Philadelphia or Washington, D.C. Centers.
- LVC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
- Students also learn from real-world experts through the annual C.F. Tom Lecture in Economics and Springer Lecture in International Business, as well as from visiting Fulbright Scholars-in-Residence and Woodrow Wilson Fellows.
The Strategic Management course definitely prepared me for the workforce post-graduation. It is a holistic approach to encompassing and executing all skills learned throughout our four years at LVC.