Full-Time Students

High School Preparation

All admission candidates should have completed 16 credit units and graduated from an accredited secondary school, or present an equivalency certificate (G.E.D.). Of the 16 units, 4 should be in English, 2 in foreign language, 3 in mathematics, 3 in science, and 3 in social studies.

Application Procedure

A candidate for admission to Lebanon Valley College must submit a completed application with the application fee, and an official transcript of high school grades. Submission of S.A.T. or A.C.T. results is optional. Students wishing to transfer to Lebanon Valley must submit official transcripts of completed post secondary work and a College Record Form for each institution attended, in addition to a final high school transcript.

Candidates are encouraged to visit campus for a personal interview. Applicants for admission to certain academic programs (music and physical therapy majors) are required to undergo additional steps. Students are encouraged to view additional details and use the online application documents located at the Full-time Admission link on our home-page, www.lvc.edu. For further information, contact:

Admission Office

Lebanon Valley College

101 North College Avenue

Annville, PA 17003-1400

Phone: 717-867-6181 or 1-866-LVC-4ADM

FAX: 717-867-6026

Internet: www.lvc.edu/admission

E-mail: admission@lvc.edu

Student Finances

Payment for tuition, room, board and other charges is due by a published deadline prior to the beginning of each semester. Students failing to meet this deadline will be required to make special arrangements with the Business Office before their course registrations will be processed. Questions about changes and payments should be addressed to the Business Office.

Refund Policy

Treatment of Title IV (Federal) Aid When a Student Withdraws

Lebanon Valley College is required by federal statute to determine how much financial aid was earned by students who withdraw, drop out, are dismissed, or take a leave of absence prior to completing 60 percent of the payment period or term. The Title IV programs that are covered by this statute are: Federal Pell Grants, Stafford Loans, PLUS Loans, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOGs), Federal Perkins Loans, and in some cases, certain state grant aid to students.

For a student who withdraws after the 60 percent point-in-time, there are no unearned funds. However, a school must still complete a return calculation in order to determine whether the student is eligible for post-withdrawal disbursement. The calculation ia based on the percentage of earned aid using the following Federal Return of Title IV fund formula:

Percentage of payment period or term completed = the number of days completed up to the withdrawal date divided by the total days in the term. (Any break of five days or more is not counted as part of the days in the term.) this percentage is also the percentage of earned aid.

Funds are returned to the appropriate federal program based on the percentage of unearned aid using the following formula: Aid to be returned = (100 percent of the aid that could be disbursed minus the percentage of earned aid) multiplied by the total amount of aid that could have been disbursed during the payment period or term.

If a student earned less aid than was disbursed, the institution would be required to returned a portion of the funds and the student would be required a portion of the funds. Keep in mind that when Title IV funds are returned, the student borrower may owe a debit balance to the institution. If a student earned more aid than was disbursed to him/her the institution would owe the student a post-withdrawal disbursement, which must be paid within 120 days of the student's withdrawal. The institution must return the amount of the Title IV funds for which it is responsible no later than 45 days after the date of the determination of the date of the student's withdrawal. Refunds are allocated in the following order:

  1. Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans
  2. Subsidized Federal Stafford Loans
  3. Federal Perkins Loans
  4. Federal Parent (PLUS) Loans
  5. Federal Pell Grants for which a return of funds is required
  6. Federal supplemental Opportunity Grants for which a return of funds is required

There are some Title IV funds that you were scheduled to recieved that you cannot earn once you withdraw because of other eligibility requirements. For example, if you are a first-time, first-year undergraduate student and you have not completed the first two weeks of your program before you withdraw, you will not earn any Stafford Loan funds that you have received had you remained enrolled past the second week. If you receive (or Lebanon Valley College or your parent receive on your behalf) excess Title IV program funds that must be returned, Lebanon Valley College must return a portion of the excess equal to the lesser of: 1) your institutional charges multiplied by the unearned percentage of your funds, or 2) the entire amount of excess funds.

The school must return this amount even if it didn't keep this amount of your Title IV program funds. If Lebanon Valley College is not required to return all of the excess funds, you must return the remaining amount. Any loan funds that you must return, you (or your parent for a PLUS Loan) repay in accordance with the terms of the prommissary note. That is, you make scheduled payments to the holder of the loan over a period of time.

Any amount of unearned grant funds that you must return is called an overpayment. The amount of a grant overpayment that you repay is half of the unearned amount.You must make arrangments with Lebanon Valley College or the PA Department of Education to return the unearned grant funds.

NOTE: The federal government requires that full-time students make satisfactory academic progress toward a degree or certificate. Please visit the www.lvc.edu/admission/tuition-financial-aid/ to view the Academic Progress Policy and Requirements.


Treatment of Non-Title IV Aid When a Student Withdraws

Lebanon Valley College follows the guidelines for Title IV programs (see above) when calculating th amount of institutional and/or state aid and/or private loans/scholarships that you have earned up to the point of withdrawal. Types of aid covered by this policy include, but are not limited to: Presidential Scholarships (such as Vickroy, Leadership, and Achievement Awards, LVC Grant-In-Aid, institutional scholarships, PHEAA State Grant, and/or any other state administered grant funds.

When you withdraw during your period of enrollment the amount of non-Title IV assistance that you have earned up tp that point is determined by the same specific formula used to calculate Title IV funds, earned. If you recieve more assistance than you earned, the excess funds must be returned by Lebanon Valley College and/or you.

Once you have completed more than 60 percent of enrollment, you earn all the assistance that you were scheduled to received for that period.


Treatment of Institutional Charges When a Student Withdraws

Lebanon Valley College follows guidelines for the Title IV programs (above) when calculating the amount of unearned institutional charges to be refunded. Charges eligible for refund are tuition, room, board*, private music lessons, and overload charges. Once a student has completed 60 percent of the period of enrollment, you have earned all of the charges billed for that period.

*All Gold, Silver and Bronze level meal plans for Annville students include $50 flex dollars to be used in LVC dining facilities. If a student withdraws prior to the semester end, LVC will refund unused flex dollars. In the case of student withdrawal, the $50 flex dollars will be considered separate from the remainder of the board plan, for refund purposes.

Refund Policy for Part-time Students

Part-time students should consult the refund schedule published by the Continuing Education Office. However, part-time students receiving federal financial assistance (Title IV) will receive a refund according to federal policy. A copy of the federal refund policy as noted above.

Alternative Payment Plan

Lebanon Valley College offers a payment plan for those families who, after exploring other options, prefer to spread payments over a 10-month period. An agent has been appointed to process deferred payment applications:

Higher Education Services

4720 Carlisle Pike

Mechanicsburg, PA 17050

Phone: 1-800-422-0010

Veteran's Services

Veteran Benefits

Students receiving educational benefits provided by the Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) must report their enrollment to the Financial Aid Office upon registration each semester or summer session. The Financial Aid Office will then submit certification of enrollment to the DVA. Students should complete the FAFSA and the financial aid process each year according to the school's requirements and deadlines. Please be advised that Lebanon Valley College reserves the right to decrease institutional aid awarded to students receiving military and veterans’ benefits according to school policy. Students receiving EAP and/or FTA benefits are responsible for applying these benefits through their unit of assignment prior to the start of each semester or summer session and for submitting all necessary forms to the Financial Aid Office.

Students participating in the Yellow Ribbon Program must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in order to be eligible to receive Yellow Ribbon Program matching payments.

Students must notify the Financial Aid Office immediately if they change the number of credits for which they enrolled, withdraw, or request a leave of absence. Failure to do so may result in a charge to the student from the DVA for over-payment of benefits. For more information on veterans' benefits, please visit the LVC Financial Aid web page.