Application Schedule and Deadlines:
- Spring 2017 Internships–grant applications due Nov. 4, 2016.
- Summer 2017 Internships–grant applications due Feb. 24, 2017.
- Complete application in Interfolio.
Eligibility & Requirements:
- The internship grants are available to undergraduate students and open to all disciplines.
- The internship grants are available to rising juniors or seniors.
- The internship grants are available for fall or spring semesters, or summer.
- Students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Internships must be at least six weeks and up to 12 weeks.
- Internships must involve substantive and supervised work related to one’s major or secondary field of study.
- Funding will help defray expenses, which may include housing, travel, and other misc. expenses. Funding cannot be used to pay for tuition credits. A grant in the full amount of the request is not guaranteed.
- If the internship involves international travel, a copy of the proposal must be submitted to Jill Russell, director of the center for global education and chair of the Global Education Committee. The committee will review the proposal with respect to any risks or concerns about the geographic destination.
- The student will be responsible for a journal, final paper, presentation, project, or portfolio at the end of the internship. The faculty supervisor is responsible for assigning and assessing this project. A copy of this project must be filed with the senior associate dean of academic affairs who coordinates the Arnold Grants.
- Recipients may be asked to present at the College following the internship.
- Grant recipients will be required to return any grant award received in full if they do not complete the internship as outlined in their proposal.
- Internships, as defined for this grant, would not include field or clinical experiences associated with certification, such as student teaching or clinical field work.
- Be sure to consult your department for specific departmental internship requirements.
The following documents must be uploaded into Interfolio. These documents are linked below.
- Cover Sheet
- Internship Proposal Form
- Organization Support Letter
- Faculty Supervisor Recommendation
- Budget Request Form - funding in the range of $500 to $3,000 can be requested for a summer project. All reasonable costs needed to carry out a successful project can be included in the budget.
- If destination is outside the continental U.S., a copy of the proposal must be sent to Jill Russell, director of global education.
Finalists for the Internship Grants may be asked to interview with the selection committee.