Welcome to Academic Affairs!
The Office of Academic Affairs provides support for the faculty, students, and curricular programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels of the College. Our academic affairs staff works to promote and support the following goals:
- A liberal arts education consisting of a foundation of general education courses, major/minor/graduate programs, and electives;
- An environment for innovative academic change and exploration of new academic programs consistent with the needs of our students;
- Co-curricular programming to supplement the student’s academic program;
- Support services to assist students with their academic endeavors;
- Academic resources for our faculty and students, including the Bishop Library and classroom technology;
- Assessment initiatives for our curriculum, departments, and programs;
- Faculty teaching through the Center for the Excellence of Teaching and Learning (CETL) and other academic affairs initiatives;
- Faculty scholarship through recognition and resources of support;
- Study abroad opportunities for students; and,
- Internships, service learning, faculty/student research, and other experiential learning programs in cooperation with the College's Office of Student Affairs.