|Fulbright Scholar to Teach Business Classes at LVC
The Department of Business & Economics will offer two courses in the spring taught by a visiting Fulbright Scholar from Germany, Dr. Holger Hinz, pictured at right. A professor of finance at Flensburg University in Flensburg, Germany, Dr. Hinz will be teaching and lecturing at LVC this spring under grants provided by the Fulbright Scholar in Residence Program.
Dr. Hinz will teach a course, "Comparing the German and American Auto Manufacturers," from 9:30 to 10:50 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. He will also teach "Principles of Finance" on Wednesday nights from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Learn more about Dr. Hinz and his Fulbright appointment by clicking here.
These classes and others are ideal for both current LVC students as well as community members who meet course prerequisites. Qualified community members are also welcome to register for several other courses in the department. Most classes run during the evenings, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., January 14 to May 9, with selected nights off for holidays and spring break.
Current students should contact the Registrar's Office; interested community members should contact Mary Herster, director of continuing education, for more information.
Business and Economics Spring 2013 Courses:
- "Principles of Finance" with Holger Hinz, Ph.D., Wed., 6:30–9:30 p.m.
- "Comparison of German and American Auto Manufacturers" with Holger Hinz, Ph.D., Tue./Thurs., 9:30–10:50 a.m.
- "Corporate Taxation" with Neil Yahn, Esq., Mon., 6:30–9:30 p.m.
- "Ethics in the Age of SarbOx and Economic Hitmen" with Andrew Hildebrand, Esq., CPA, Thurs., 6:30–9:30 p.m.
- "Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management" with Douglas Gautsch, MBA, Thurs., 6:30–9:30 p.m.
- "Diversity in the Workplace" with Laura Teaford-Poluka, Ph.D., Wed., 6:30–9:30 p.m.
- "Public Finance" with Will Delavan, Ph.D., Tue./Thurs., 9:30–10:50 a.m.
For course descriptions, visit www.lvc.edu/business-economics.